Monday, April 5, 2010

Being a Good Girl

Did you know that being a good girl can get you in trouble? Well, it happen to me today. Craig and I got on the road headed to Iowa City for my third appointment in a row when I thought, "I need to take my pills." So like a good girl I took them. About 15 minutes later I was getting a call on my cell phone but I was having trouble getting it out of my pocket therefore I missed the call. I tried calling it back and found that it was from the hospital in Iowa City but I couldn't get the person who called beings they were on an extension. I assumed it was Karen calling to talk to me. About 30 minutes from Iowa City Craig says, " Were you suppose to take your pills today before your testing?" Ah Crud! That was it.

When we got to the hospital and the nurse called me back I told I had taken my pills and she would have to call Karen to find out what she wanted to do. I lucked out. I it was fine. See I was suppose to not take my pills so they could do three EKG's and then take my pills, wait two hours and do three more EKG's. Oops. Karen said we will just do the blood draw and the post EKG's, not a problem. I told her I was just trying to be a good girl and get my pills taken. Actually, it wasn't even her that called earlier on my phone. I still don"t know who it was. God I guess. He was a little late though.

I am still working on a schedule to get those darn things taken. Fasting two hours before taking the pills and one hour after taking them, the night times have been my struggle. We eat so late especially now with kids in soccer till 6:30 at night and meetings starting at 6:30 or 7:00. I take my pills at like 9:00 then I cant have a snack before going to bed cause 10 is just too late and by then I am going to bed. The strange thing is, that I didn't really have snacks before going to bed anyways but it is just knowing that I can't if it is going to be that late. It should be a good thing. I just wont eat breakfast or supper, I need to loose weight for the summer anyway. (Just kidding mom. I wont really do that!)

So it was a shorter day then we expected which was nice. I had asked the nurse if there was a Good Will store close by and she told me about the one close to Coralville Mall. The back of the van had 8 bags of stuff so we dropped them off. Actually, we dropped them off and I picked up one. Meaning, I ended up buying some clothes. Then we had a coupon for Red Lobster and ate lunch and headed home.

On the way home it started raining and there was some lightning too so called the school when we got close and found out that Hanna's soccer was canceled so told them to ride the bus home. It was nice to be home an hour before the kids got home. I got a few things done.

Now I don't have to go back to Iowa City till April 26th to see Dr Gingrich. Things have been going well with this drug so far. No nausea after taking the pills and my puffy eyes aren't nearly as bad either. One thing that has changed...actually two things that are kind of embarrassing. First, my bowels... well, let's just say I could go to the bathroom about 30 minutes after every meal on my Gleevec and I really didn't mind that. But this last week that has changed quite a bit. I do believe this drug has a tendency to cause constipation so that could be a problem. Second, (sorry guys there is no nice way to say this) my boobs have been more sore. I did mention that to Karen this morning and that was a new one to her. It is just mild I guess but I will be...uhmm... monitoring this until my appointment with Gingrich. It could just be the change and that will all settle as time goes on. Remember, shortly after starting Gleevec my periods were much heavier so who know. Ok, embarrassing stuff done.

The big basketball game is on and Nathan wants me to watch it with him. I don't really care who wins since the UNI Panthers didn't make it but it is time with my son.
I will keep you posted if things change. Until next appoint. So long.


(Picture of me as "Good Girl")
(Ok, Maybe not?)

1 comment:

  1. I ωаnted to thank you fоr this fantastic
    reаԁ!! І abѕolutelу enjoyed eѵery
    bit of іt. І haѵe yοu bookmarkеd to сhеck
    οut neω thingѕ you ρost…
    My website :: pikavippii

    ReplyDelete