Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Whose Chicken?


Went to Iowa City yesterday. I have to admit, the trips are getting tiring. Craig and I do try to change things up by trying out new restaurants to us and yesterday was a good one. I was hungry for Mexican and so we went to a place called Eldorado (Not sure on the name) and it was very good. We will go there again.


So my appointment was the usual. My blood draw they only drew three vials instead of the 5-7. Everything looked good. We had Sue this time for the PA. Hadn't had her for quite awhile. Enjoyed having her again. Karen the test drug rep came in and gave me two months worth of my pills and took my old bottles. I have to always remember now to bring what I have back to her to her and she gives me more. I need to have another blood draw later on that I can do in Waterloo which will be nice and I don't have to go back to Iowa City for 7 weeks. Saw Dr. Gingrich of course too. Talked to him about my itchy skin, mostly my chest, back and head. He said the head he wasn't sure about but asked if I had chicken skin. We just looked at him a bit strange. He preceded to ask if my skin looked like chicken skin when their feathers are plucked. Raise some around like a hair follicle. We still looked at him a bit strange and so he lifted up my shirt and looked at my back and rubbed over my skin with his hand. I could tell imediately he had found a "spot"on my left should blade with his finger that he had found something. That was "the Spot". I wanted to say itch it please. He showed Craig what it looked like. Craig says he will never be able to find it again. He said if it gets worse to let him know. It is my head that bugs me the most. We will see what happend the next 7 weeks with that. He or Karen said I could take some Benadryl at night if it keeps me up. I may try some Cortizone 10 on my scalp and shampoo with some T-Tree shampoo. That stuff stinks though.


I have also had some constipation problems but trying to work that out my self with Metamucil and eatting more fiber. Didn't have that problem on the Gleevex cause it cause me to have soft stools several times a day. Ok, enough about my poop.


Just to keep you all informed also, we have found a house in Johnston. Our bid has been excepted and are waiting the little stuff inspection and what ever else. It is an older home, 1969 in an older neighborhood, which is hard to find in Johnston with it being such a newer community. It is on a culdasac so not much traffic through. The previous owners worked with woodwork and so there is lovely wood work through out. Especially the Brazillian Cherry wood floors in the kitchen, dining and living area upstairs. It is a split level home with 5 bedrooms, lots of open space. The kids have there rooms picked out. There really isn't much that has to be done to the house. Huge back yard and big driveway to go along with the huge two plus car garage. We are excited about it. If all goes well, we will close the 26th of May. Then we can take a day and sign papers, and get the kids registered for school. The schools are fairly close too.

Hope all is well with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment