Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hmmmmm?



Guess what! I finally got my test results. Of course I also had a Dr appointment today too. The nurse asked when she took me back if I had any questions or concerns for the Dr and I just said, "I'm waiting for my test results." She said "From today?"I replied, "No, two weeks ago." She just said, "oh" and left. Real helpful. Well, that might all change. My test results said everything was looking good. That my Gleevex was staying in my body like it was suppose too but then why are my numbers going up? For some unknown reason in some people the Gleevex sort of stops working. It stops killing off those pesky mutating chromosomes. They are finding a way to fight through my Gleevex. The good news is that there are still other drugs out there that have worked that we will try. Now don't ask me their names. I couldn't tell you. They are nothing I have heard of before.

While we were in the office with Dr Sangha he called Dr Gingrich in Iowa City and conferred with him. It made me feel good that he has been talking with him. I always felt good about when I saw Dr Gingrich the one time and deep down sort of wished I had continued to see him. Well, my wish may be coming true. There is a drug that they have been doing group studies on that I may take part in. I would need to go to Iowa City however for some of the blood work. So we are going to be making an appointment to visit with Dr Gingrich and get more information about both of the two drugs and decide then which to try. At this point I will continue to stay on the Gleevex.It may not being working completely but it is keeping my white cells down and that is good.

So that is really basically where I am at for now. I do have another appointment to see Dr Sangha in a month. I am not really worried about my counts going up right now. The way we are looking at them is on such a molecular level that it is totally still manageable but good that we are catching it now rather then much later. Dr. Sangha said too that it isn't anything at this time to be worried or panicked about. There are still many options out there for me.

I wrote last time about how my mind was taking over and I was afraid I was feeling symptoms of my leukemia getting worse. For example cramping around my spleen. Well, it really was the chiropractor that helped. And as far as the fasting goes, well that hasn't happened yet either. Maybe one of these days. I know I would probably feel better if I did. I know when I stepped on the scale it would be nice if it said just 10 pounds less. I don't think I mentioned last time that I was getting my flu shot. Well, I got that last Friday and man was that NOT fun! That night my mind started working over time. I hadn't had an anxiety attack like that for quite a while. I felt like I was having an allergic reaction. My eyes were itchy, and my chest was congested. My mind just went into over drive that I wasn't going to be able to breath soon. Needless to say I was fine. However when I got up the next morning my eyes had a lot of goop in them and they were beyond puffy!! It was really scary. My son even said in the morning, "What kind of flu shot did you get mom" My mind will always be like that but I can see the signs, my not breathing (as my husband says) and just the feeling I get in my stomach. I am thankful that I have Craig to go to who can just sit with me and remind me to breath more often then what I have been and that I will be just fine.

This past weekend I was able to finally meet David, whom i wrote about a long time ago, who was diagnosed with AML (Acute Mylogenous Leukemia) shortly after my diagnosis. Just an update on him. He is in complete remission but will continue to be tested on a regular basis. God is good!! I know he thanks many for your prayers and I can look to him as an encouragement. He has had to go through a lot more then I have and look how well things turned out for him.

Also, this evening we, as a family, had the privileged to have dinner with our friend Connie whose daughter had the severe infection in her C2-C3 vertebra, had an emergency surgery,and was put on a respirator and basically had no feeling in her body from the neck down. Her daughter, Suzanna, was taken off the respirator Tuesday and has been able to stay off with out needing to have a trachea put in. And the same day she had some pain in her left arm. These are all wonderful steps and proves what a fighter she is. Of course the doctors and nurses aren't saying a whole lot yet and are thinking that the pain she felt may just be phantom pains but I truly believe it is God working slowing in and through her. Continue to pray for her.

Just an update on my family. We all continue to stay VERY busy. (I think that is an understatement) Anyone with kids knows how it is. Both kids are involved in soccer and Craig and I are coaching Nathan's team. This is the first year in many that we have had a U-14 team so that is pretty cool. He has his first game on Saturday and Hanna has her second game Saturday. She won her first game which was really good being's they had never played on their field till that day. So soccer keeps us busy with each having practices twice a week and games on Saturdays'. Last Saturday was our first Bible Quiz match. Our teams did great. Of course both kids are involved in that as well as Craig and myself. One of our junior girls placed first. Then there is the busy Wednesday schedule at church with bell practice, praise band, and choir practice. We had our Ice Cream social last week and that was a wonderful turn out. There was 14 pork tenderloins cooked up, and 38 gallons of ice-cream made and there wasn't much left at the end of the night. So with work on top of all of this,and being a mom, how am I suppose to answer when the Dr asked if I am feeling tired? What do you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment