Friday, February 6, 2009

Phase One

Went to the Dr Sangha's on my own Thursday for my visit. It has been a month since I have been on my Gleevec. As you know my numbers have gone down drastically. Well, they continue too. My white count was 4,200. I did ask how low my count could go and he said without any hesitation 1,000 some. I am officially in the first stage of remission. (HIP HIP HOORAY!!) I will continue to go in once a week for my blood check and in two weeks I will have the FISH test (that I mentioned in previous updates) to see how close I am to being in the 2nd stage. I asked him when I may be in complete remission and he thought possibly in 3 months. HOLY COW!! Now normal remission has been about 12-18 months. We account my fast improvement on the high dose of Gleevec, Dr Sangha started me out on then maybe usual, and because of all your prayers. I will remain on the high dosage of my Gleevec until I am in complete remission. I however no longer have to take my Allopurinol. (Yeah! One less pill.)

I am still feeling quite good. My night sweats haven't been so bad, and my leg cramps have decresed, I haven't been as cold but still am wearing my three layers. Plus, it helps that the temperature outside is finally above freezing. As Craig mentioned in the last blog, it's hard not to feel quilty for feeling so good and things going so well. The advancements they have made with Leukemia is just amazing. Thank God for the Doctors and Scientist and their knowledge to figure all this stuff out.

Continue to pray for my advancements and for the doctors and scientists who work on finding a cure for this. I pray that all of you that may yourself be struggling with some form of cancer or have a loved one with cancer not to give up hope. If you need someone to pray for you let me know and Craig and I would love to add you to our list. Don't keep it from people. Talk about it and have others pray for you. God can and does work miracles. Don't give up HOPE.

Before I wrap this up I would like to update you on my brother Todd. His past surgery did not go quite as well as we would have liked. They were not able to help him out at the time due to too much infection in the bone and tissue. He will have to have two more operations in the near future which he is not looking forward to. I ask you please keep him in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Praise Jesus for your progress. And especially thank you to the two of you for your faith and grace. How is Todd doing between surgeries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody,
    I am thinking of you everyday and hoping everything stays on this positive path. I was saddened to hear about Todd's health. Let us know if you need anything (even if it's just keeping an eye on your SD family).

    ReplyDelete