Wednesday, September 29, 2010

News Update

This is a news update...the results are in...OK, OK don't freak out or get excited. I got your attention though. Hahhaa. Ok, so received some of the test results from my last visit to Iowa City. My count has gone up just a little but they are calling that stable from the last visit 3 months ago. Here is what Karen emailed me, It was 0.13% in July and 0.20% now, so still lingering just above that 'major molecular response' which we would like to see. I suspect Dr Gingrich will want to increase your dose, but we do need to wait for the study PCR results first. I am currently at 300mg and so they would put me up to 400mg. I don't know what the highest dosage is on this drug (Tasigna/Nilotinib).

Now at the time of my last visit my Liver count was also elevated, but it wasn't sure if it was due to the Tasigna medication or the Prednazone I was taking for my poison ivy so we had them rechecked Monday here at my clinic. I guess Karen got the results today and again this is what she emailed me today,
Your liver counts looked pretty good today. The total bilirubin was still up a little, but the others were normal. The rest of the results should be in by next week sometime I think. So until then that is all I know. Right now it is looking like I will have to up my medication. Sure hope it continues to not effect me in any way like it is now. Did that make sense? In other words it isn't bothering me now to take it and I hope uping it still wont bother me.
I am a little concerned that we cant get it past this last little bit. Generally by now I should be in remission. I am always know I was different and did things a little more complicated. The fact that it has gone up, even though it is just a little especially when you are looking at it on a molecular level, worries me some too. I do wonder what if they cant get me to that last level. Can I stay at the level I am at and be ok and for how long? Or will the stupid molecules take control again? As it says in the bible: Matthew 6:25-34
Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his lifea]">[a]?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jody,

    I just read this most recent update. Great scripture for you in a time that is a bit anxious (regarding your test results). My prayers continue to be with you.

    Anne Lippincott

    ReplyDelete